Saturday, June 14, 2008

productive evening!

I spent the evening sewing with my Boddy! I ended up making a little tote (that I'd had pieces cut for a couple months now) and I got to make a little doll from a pattern by Bit of Whimsy! I am so in love with her dolls, I have loved them for awhile now, so I was ecstatic to be able to sew one myself! Of course there are a couple quirks that come from sewing your first doll EVER, and I haven't done her face yet, but aside from those things, I am VERY pleased! I think I am going to name her Penny (short for Penelope of course). Anyway, here are a few pictures of my new little treats!

Purse/Tote


Penelope, AKA Penny


Penny hanging out in the new purse.

There are a couple more pictures on my Flickr - including the picture of Tanner "playing with a doll" and Cody showing me that "mama! The doll has LEGS!!" When I came home with my little loves last night I was teasing Ryan by telling him that I had made the boys a doll to play with. He scolded me and told me that I need to be sewing them TRUCKS and MANLY things :-P Lol.

Oh, and right now Penny is apparently taking a nap in my son Cody's bed. Cody told me that she was tired and needed a nap. I guarantee you if I checked, she'd be all tucked in with her head on a pillow and everything. What a sweetie ;-)

2 comments:

  1. VERY CUTE! I love the fabric on the purse, and that doll..great job! Can't wait to see her face! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok... and how much do you charge for these? Skylar would LOVE it!!!! I'd really love to order some stuff from you in August!! ;)

    ReplyDelete